The school dinners that we offer children are fresh, nutritious and all cooked from scratch in our school kitchen. Because we run our own catering service we can ensure that the quality meets the school’s requirements. With the help of Essex County Council we are able to source as much fresh, local and seasonal organic produce as possible. Our fresh fruit and vegetables are supplied by Barleylands Farm Shop, call them on 01268 288886.
The meals that our children are now enjoying are made from the finest quality ingredients. We really are trying hard to produce a school meal service that we can be proud of. We do sometimes have a special menu day.
Please ensure your child's school lunch account remains in credit.
Are you eligible for free school meals for your child?
Parents/Carers who are in receipt of certain benefits may be entitled to a free school meal award for their child. More information about the process can be obtained from Essex County Council’s website.
You should apply for free school meals if you receive any of these benefits:
• Income support
• Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
• Income-related employment and support allowance
• Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of state pension credit
• Child tax credit, provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
You will not normally be eligible if you receive any amount of working tax credit.
Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm
8:30am - 4pm
Hilltop Junior School
T. 01268 734649
F. 01268 570237
Enquiries: Mrs J Hoy – Office Manager
Inclusion Manager: Mrs J Fincher
Heads of School: Mr D Wry and Mr D Wagstaff
Find us on Facebook
Website by Kittle Visual Marketing